4/18/08

The Girl On The Roads Written by: Malina Dahli

Living in a small family has made me wonder the precious of life of being a daughter, sister, and wife. I still remember the sweet memories during my childhood. It was in 1990s at a small district of the east coast. It was the most enjoyable moment of my life with the beautiful scenery of the Kapas Island as I opened the door. The smell that came from the sea and the breeze of the beach were my best friends. I never thought that someday I would only have the chance to see them in my mind.

When I was six, I used to dress with gown and a pair of red shoes every time my dearly mum wanted to bring us out. Yet, most of the time only me and my elder brother were used to follow her everywhere. It was an enjoyment moment as I knew that she would bring us for shopping and had something to eat at the fast food corner. My elder brother and I were very close at that time and we never play or sit alone as he is only a year older than me. I do have other siblings in the family. The eldest is the son from the first marriage and a daughter from her second marriage, consider as my elder brother and sister. It might sounds complicated as I am actually the second child of her third marriage.

We lived together in the same house since we were born and my youngest sister came into picture in 1990 and it was when I got into my first year of school. Well, ‘the more the merrier’ and it was true. But still my mum had to undergone so many obstacles in her life as she decided to become as a single parent. I’m too young at that time and therefore I never question what was happening during that moment. Luckily, she was working and there was also a place for five of us to stay.

To be continued...

No comments: